Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Zoe's Class Christmas Party

Every year each of the classes at McKendree will have a Christmas party. Each of the parents are invited and we all bring a gift that each child gets to open, but it is given to the classroom. I think the lesson each of them has learned in doing so is priceless, which is that it is far better to give than to receive. I'll admit, I was worried about how my child was going to handle giving away her gifts. But, she did WONDERFUL and even tried to give away her puzzle given to her from her teachers! My child never ceases to amaze me and teach me a few lessons along the way! Below are pics from the party.....

Zoe and her best friend, Meredith! They were born on the same day approximately three hours apart. Meredith's mom and I had worked together previously, had the same doctor and she was being wheeled out of the recovery room as I was being wheeled in! It was pretty comical to say the least. But, I'm so glad that our girls are in class together because they are definitely best friends! If you ask Zoe who her best friend is she'll say, "Meredith!"
Zoe's buddy, Ryan! He's an absolute doll and just as sweet as they come!

Zoe eating lots of goodies!

Ryan and his mother, Alice. Alice and I (along with Jack's mommy Amanda) have all become good friends. I'm so thankful to have met her because she is genuinely one of the sweetest people I know. The three of us often have lunch dates together and talk "Mommy shop."

Zoe and friends getting ready to open presents!

Zoe opening her gifts....first a Dora puzzle!

Zoe getting ready to open her gift from her teachers!
I know I've bragged on them before, but Zoe's day care program is AWESOME and her teachers are AWESOME! I have the best feeling when I walk out of that building each day knowing that my child is receiving great care and that she has teachers that genuinely love her. To my Mommy friends out there, you know that is something you can't put a price tag on!







0 comments: