Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

The Dentist.....


My girl is a grinder in her sleep....BIG TIME!  So much so that she has ground her little baby teeth down to almost nothing.  Of course, that's a problem because they need to last until her "big girl teeth" get here.  I was feeding Zoe an apple the other day when she complained, "My teeth hurt."  This was a major red flag to me because she has been going to the dentist since she was 8 months old due to the fact she has been on many breathing treatments for asthma.  They told me to watch for tooth sensitivity since she is such a grinder.  I called the very next morning and they had us an appointment for first thing the every next morning.  I was so thankful that the solution to this was pretty simple.  They "built up" her back top teeth with "filling material" in order to prevent Zoe from reaching her front two teeth.  If she can't reach them, then she can't grind them.  They said she will still grind those down and when that happens, just to bring her back in and they will do the process all over again to help save those teeth until she loses them naturally and her permanent teeth come in.  They told me not to stress over it because this is a common problem and that research shows that most children will grow out of it between the ages of 6 and 9.  Boy do I hope she grows out of it!  Why am I blogging out this you might ask?  Well, when your child reaches four at her dentist office, they have to go back by themselves for procedures.  They said she did great until they put cotton in her mouth to dry the surface and she just lost it.  I could tell she had because she came out and her eyes were extremely red.  The tech who did the procedure said, "I just have to tell you this story."  I'm thinking, "Oh no!"  She said, " I told Zoe she had very pretty hair and she was so polite and said thank you.  I then told Zoe she was a very pretty little girl."  Do you know how my Zoe girl replied?  She said, "I know.  I get told that all the time."  Now that is hysterical!  Not shy about telling the truth is she?  Here's a picture of my girl at the dentist....


This was pre meltdown of course!


0 comments: