Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

Parent/Teacher Conference

I had my first parent/teacher conference with Zoe's teacher, Ms. Jennifer, not too long ago.  I love having these because I really get an insight into my daughter from the people who spend the most time with her.  That's sad, isn't it?  It really depresses me every time I think about it so I try hard not to.  Both Mark and I have to work...especially in this economy.  Me getting to stay home just isn't an option and I find myself envious of those who do get to stay home.  Anyway, McKendree has their teachers go through the state's guidelines on how much they have progressed, areas where they are behind, etc.  You never really know what to expect (I've always been told areas where my child needed improvement).  But, I'm thrilled to say that my child has far exceeded any goal set by the state.  As a matter of fact, she is far advanced.  She can write her own name, all of her letters and most of her numbers (there weren't any others in her class who could).  They said she is the most polite child (we are very big on manners in the Lawrence household) and the most well behaved.  They said they wished they could have a classroom full of nothing but little Zoe girls.  They actually commented that they had a few that they would like to send home with me for one week to see what I could do with them!  Ha!  Do you know how good that feels?  I feel like I'm on my child all the time, but apparently it works.  I told her teacher that we've already started on  sight words at home for early reading and that she knows at least half of those now, too.  She said, "That just doesn't surprise me at all.  You can tell when a child is worked with outside of the home so whatever you are doing, keep doing it."  I just had to brag because I'm so extremely proud of my Zoe girl!

0 comments: