Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Zoe's Five Year Checkup

I seriously can't believe I'm that far behind on updating this blog, but I am!  It's crazy, but in my defense our life has been a little crazy.  Between Zoe's dance recital, Zoe's birthday, Memorial Day weekend with Zoe's birthday party, Mark's 40th birthday, two weeks worth of swim lessons, etc., things are nuts in the Lawrence household.  I seriously wouldn't have it any other way though because we've made some great memories.  Anyway, we had Zoe's five year checkup on May 31, 2011 with her pediatrician, Dr. Nancy Beveridge.  Again, I can't say enough great things about her and Zoe absolutely adores her and loves to go see her.  

We started out the appointment with an eye exam, which showed she was 20/25 in her right eye and 20/20 in her left eye!  We'll take it!  Again, she had to pee in a cup, which was normal, and she had her blood pressure taken, which was 78/52.  I know it sounds low, but that's normal for a child her age/size.  She also had her hearing testing, which was normal.  Praise God for all of the good results!  


Are you ready for this?  My girl is tall, which most of you know, but she is 44.5 inches and that puts her in the 88th percentile.  Her weight was 42 and 3/4 pounds which placed her in the 70th percentile.  Dr. Beveridge was absolutely thrilled with her, too.  We had to get forms completed for Kindergarten and that's when it hit me that my child is really going into Kindergarten!  Seriously?!?  It makes me so sad that my baby is growing to quickly.  I swear we spend our entire childhood waiting for milestones to pass and then we spend our adult years wishing for time to slow down!  I always tell Zoe, "I thank God every day that he picked me to be your Mommy."  Zoe always tells me in return, "You always say that, Mommy!"  And it's true....I'm incredibly thankful for the gift Mark and I have been given.  I know he feels the same way!  She has truly been our greatest blessing and is the most perfect thing we've ever done!


Want to hear the bad part of the visit?  Zoe had to get four shots!  Yikes!

0 comments: