Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last Day at McKendree - June 3, 2011

Let me just tell you that Mommy had a harder time with this day than Zoe did!  I started out with Zoe at the day care from H E L L and it was awful!  I was fortunate enough to get her into McKendree United Methodist Day Care when she was 15 months old and it's been uphill since then!  I've bragged a lot, but you can't imagine the care my child has received at that place...not to mention the education!  McKendree is a remarkable place and it's due to the curriculum and the care and attention Zoe received from the teachers she had while she was there, which included Ms. Heather, Ms. Betty, Ms. Misti, Ms. Gina, Ms. Jennifer, Ms. Jennie & Mr. Anthony!  Most of these teachers have been there 10 plus years with the others not too far behind.  That speaks volumes for the program and their director, Cindy Ligon.  I can't say enough great things about her either.  She has been such a staple in my life and in Zoe's life and Mark and I adore her beyond words.  She helped start McKendree 21 years ago and has turned it into the first class program it is today. And when I say first class I'm not just saying it......they back it up each year by scoring some of the highest scores ACROSS THE ENTIRE STATE OF TENNESSEE for their three star rating, which is extremely hard to do!  Anyway, you get what I'm saying when I brag because they are just that awesome!

We pulled Zoe from McKendree two months early to place her in the Kids Club Program at the elementary school she'll be attending this Fall.  We felt that this would help ease her transition into Kindergarten and help her make some new friends.  The director at McKendree totally agreed with me and felt I was making a wise decision for Zoe, which made us feel lots better, but it's still hard to leave behind what you've mostly known.  McKendree has been our comfort, our guidance in helping raise our daughter, our shoulder to lean on when we needed to bend an ear and get advice on situations that would arise with Zoe, etc.  I could go on and on, but that would make for an incredibly long blog post. Just know that we're going to miss that place terribly, along with every single person in it. The influence they've had on our family has been priceless!  Here are some pics of our girl on her last day at McKendree......



0 comments: