Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

All I Want for Christmas Is......

.....my two front teeth!  Zoe & Daddy had a day to hang out so I scheduled a dentist appointment for her.  Daddy took her because we felt she was grinding on her front teeth again.  Granted, it has gotten much better since she has started her allergy shots, but she still does it from time to time.  Anyway, she had already done so much damage that it was just a matter of time before they had to come out.  Both of them were already loose and when they took an x-ray at the dentist, they could see that her permanent teeth weren't far behind.  They took a picture behind her teeth and she actually had exposed nerve behind her two front teeth!  Yikes!  The only reason she wasn't in real pain was because she still had a little bit of tooth covering the nerves.  That scared us so we opted to have her two front teeth pulled.  They gave her some laughing gas, put some numbing cream on her gum and pulled both of them.  She was so brave, too.  Daddy said, "Zoe, do you want Daddy to go back with you?"  Her response?  "No, Daddy!  I'm a big girl and I'm brave!"  That just brought tears to my eyes!  My baby is getting so big!  It didn't phase her in the least because she went to her swim lesson right after that!  Wow!

As a side story, after I picked up Zoe from school the next day I asked her, "What did everyone say about you losing your two front teeth?"  She said, "Well, Mommy, I really wanted to keep it a secret!"  Ha!  Kind of hard to do that Zoe girl when both of your front teeth are missing!



0 comments: