Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday Mark

My hubby turned 40 on June 11, 2011.  I know most of you will remember that I sent him on a surprise turkey hunt in Texas this past April, which he loved.  He totally didn't expect me to do anything else so I had  a surprise birthday part for him on his actual birthday, which was on a Saturday.  I've had this planned since the beginning on May so it was extremely difficult for me to keep a secret, but I managed.  Ha!  Let me just say that Mark didn't make it easy on me either.  On the Thursday before his birthday I said, "Hey, Mark.  Why don't we go to our favorite little Mexican restaurant for your birthday since my parents are coming to stay with Zoe?"  He said, "I don't want Mexican.  I want catfish and, specifically, I want to go to the Cock of the Walk."  I was like WHAT?!?  I had everyone already set to go the Mexican restaurant and had to scramble with the location change.  All in all, Mark had no idea and was completely surprised, which turned out great!  We had a great group turn out, too!  And not everyone can say they went to drive go karts on their 40th birthday, can they?


My bestie Shelley and her husband, Chris


Me & Julie


Allen & Mark


Mat & Tracie


Shane & Amy


Sheri & Allen


Me & Mark


Mat & Tracie
Such a typical picture!  Ha!


Julie & Judd


Awwwww


The boys piled in the big chair...and Mat in a little chair!

Another one with Mark sucking his thumb....
I think he's in denial about turning 40...you?


Mat in a teeny tiny chair


Chris & Mark getting ready to race go karts


Me & my bestie waiting to race go karts


Me and the model face....every stinkin' time


Fitting that he's in car 11 and his birthday is on the 11th!


Shane & Amy


Shane & his mug o' beer


Sheri & Allen


Chris & Shelley
They are so stinkin' photogenic!


I guess two mugs o' beer will make you look this way....

0 comments: