Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reading

I had been told when Zoe started Kindergarten that Kindergarten was now the new "First Grade" and that my child would be reading by the end of the school year.  Well, it's not the end of the school year and our child is actually reading some now.  HOLY COW!  Mark and I have had a routine over the years that I would work with her on her sight words and then he always reads one of her reader books with her.  Of course, we have occasionally swapped it up, but we have mostly stuck to the same routine.  Apparently, it is paying off.  The other night we're sitting up in the bonus room and Zoe grabs one of her reader books all by herself and proceeds to sit down and start reading the book BY HERSELF!  Don't get me wrong, she doesn't know every word and has to stop at times to ask for help with a word, but she reads the book all by her lonesome!  I think I speak for both Mark and I when I say it was a proud moment for both of us and we probably could've cried a little watching our girl!  I hope she takes after her Mommy because I LOVE to read and can't get enough of books.  Now, this picture isn't of her reading one of her readers, but this is our girl making a spot for herself and reading a book, which does my heart a whole lot of good!



0 comments: