Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My 36th Birthday

I turned 36 on September 26, 2011 and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful of a birthday it turned out to be! I knew about three weeks in advance that my parents were coming down to keep Zoe so Mark and I could have a night out.  Little did I know, my hubby had been working overtime to make sure my birthday was incredibly special.  First, Mark and my best friend from back home, Temple, had been plotting to surprise me.  They rented rooms at the DoubleTree Hotel in Downtown Nashville without me knowing it.  I just knew that Mark and I were going to get so much needed "alone time" and he had planned on us staying out.  Anyway, we got to the room and once we got settled there was a knock on the door.  I looked at Mark and said, "Who could that be?"  Mark said it was probably room service, which I thought was crazy but just opened the door.  The only thing in the hallway was a gift bag with a card sitting in front of it with my name on it.  Now, I knew I knew that handwriting because nobody, and I mean nobody, writes like Temple.  I hadn't quite put two and two together before she jumped out at me from behind the door.  Needless to say, I cleared that gift bag (like I used to when I ran hurdles in track) and proceeded to scream and hug her for all I was worth.  What a wonderful surprise!  I just couldn't get over it because I hadn't seen her and Craig since our crazy night out at the Daughtry concert in May of 2010!  We all got ready and headed to a place called "Puckett's Restaurant and Grocery" that I had been to before for lunch and wanted to go to for dinner.  Anyway, the food was unbelievable and from there we headed to the Wildhorse because all of us had never been before.  It was okay (the company was the best part) and then we headed up Broadway into this little dive called "The Second Fiddle" and we had the best time.  The band was awesome and the company was AWESOME!  Check out the photos:











My next surprise turned out to be the next day with my best friend, Shelley.  Her and Mark had been plotting and I had no idea.  She came and picked me up and took me to see Adduction, which turned out to be an awesome movie and then we got to shop a little!  I have to say that my sweet hubby, best friends, parents and  daughter all made me feel so loved on my birthday!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 comments: