Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

First Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conference

We had our first parent/teacher conference with Zoe's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Brader.  I wasn't sure what to expect and I was having all of the usual Mommy angst of "I wonder if my child is behind" or "I wonder if my child was adequately prepared" or blah, blah, blah.  You get the picture.  My sweet husband?  He's not worried about anything and says we will get an excellent report.  Anyway, we head in and it was wonderful to hear that our child is not only doing well, but is far ahead of where she needs to be in Kindergarten.  Her teacher then proceeded to show us all our child could do and it felt really good to hear.  It felt good to know that Mark and I made a sound choice to keep Zoe at McKendree (which is an excellent program) and not move her to a different Pre K program and that all of the work we had done behind the scenes with Zoe (sight words, colors, shapes, letter recognition, etc.) had really paid off.  She is doing excellent in Kindergarten and we couldn't be more proud of our girl!  Way to go Zoe!

0 comments: