Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Food

I'm sure most of you that read this Blog can relate to having a child that's a picky eater, at least at one time or another.  And, if not, please don't rub it in and tell me about how easy your life is with your wonderful eater.  I mean, hasn't everyone been mortified when their child puked up their best friend's lasagna on their WHITE DINING ROOM CHAIRS?  But I digress so I'm moving on.  Anyway, we have a rule in our house that you have to at least try something because you don't know if you like it unless you try it.   After you try it, you don't have to eat it if you don't like it.  I'll admit that most of our battle with Zoe used to be just getting her to try something, but the child is so smart that she will try it and immediately say she doesn't like it so she doesn't have to eat it.  The other day her Daddy was having her try something new (I can't remember what is was because that's what happens when you're late updating your Blog) and our little Zoe wasn't being too cooperative.  She did finally try it, but immediately said she didn't want to eat it.  My sweet hubby had had it and told her she was going to eat five bites of whatever it was before she could get up from the table.  Zoe immediately calls out to me and says, "Mommy, Daddy forgot the rule about food!  Could you please tell him the rule again?"  It was hysterical and I had to remain in another room for a few minutes while I laughed.  Little toot....

0 comments: