Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

A Shot With No Crying

I can't believe it's already that time of year, but Zoe's pediatrician is already giving out flu shots.  The moment I got the e-mail I called and made an appointment.  Seriously, I think she was the first one on the first day of the flu clinic.  Oh well!  Sounds just like me, doesn't it?  Anyway, the night before I prepped Zoe and told her she was going to get a shot.  She was none too thrilled about it and the next morning when we were getting ready, she started to fret about it.  I said, "Zoe, if you get your shot without crying, I promise I will go and buy you that new Barbie movie that comes out today."  She said, "Barbie and a Fashion Fairytale?"  I said, "I most certainly will.  If you don't cry, whine or fuss, you and Mommy will go to Wal-Mart after work and get the movie."  She said, "I promise I won't cry."  So, when we got there and they called her back, she got up on the that table and when they gave her the shot in her leg she said, "Yes!  Barbie movie here I come!"  Just so you know, it was complete with a fist pump and all!  That little toot!  I was so stinkin' proud of her!  I'm guessing she's probably going to come up with something she wants each time she has to get a shot from now!  Smart girl.....

0 comments: