Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Rhyming Words

So, my girl has been really rhyming words here lately.  I mean, she takes one word and goes through the letters in the alphabet and when she's done she's so excited and proud of herself.  Of course, some of the words don't make any sense, but she's just so proud of herself.  Anyway, the other day Zoe and I were in her room when she says, "Mommy, listen!  Suck, Duck, Luck, Buck ______ (BLEEP)!  Mommy, I rhymed!"  I promise you that it took all I had to keep a straight face.  I said, "Zoe, that's great.  Why don't you run upstairs and tell Daddy about your rhyming words."  She took off and then I proceeded to lose it.  I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that she'd said a curse word, but I laughed so hard that I had tears streaming down my face.  I'm pretty sure Mark had the same reaction after she told him and ran back down to me.  This is one of those stories you want to be able to look back on and tell your girl about when she's much, much older.  The first thing I did was text my buddy Shelley and tell her about it.  She didn't miss a beat and immediately called me and when I answered she said, "So, what rhymes with witch?"  I was laughing so hard I started crying all over again.  Oh man!  I can always count on Shelley to keep the laughs coming!

0 comments: