Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Soccer and The Moose

So, as you've seen from my previous posts, you know my girl is playing soccer.  She really loves it and has so much fun playing.  Of course, soccer was called off for two weeks in a row because of all the rain the Nashville area has had and the fields have been too wet and/or it was literally raining when she was supposed to be playing.  Anyhoo, we had our third game this past Saturday and I have to tell a little story. 

We played the same team this past Saturday that we played for our very first game.  They have a little (I use that term only in reference to age) boy on that team who is 6 years old and weighs more than Zoe's Nana!  BTW, Nana weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet.  You get the picture....the kid is HUGE!  He had a few instances where he shoved Zoe, but we told her to brush it off and get back out there because it was soccer.  Yeah, I wish I had felt like saying that this past Saturday.  We played that same team again....they still had the same moose.  And did I mention how lovely he is?  He hits his own team members, sticks his tongue out at the refs and coaches, "spanks" his own coach when he's addressing the team, refuses to leave the field when asked to by his own coach so other kids can have a chance to play, etc.  I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture!  Then, there is his wonderful Dad who laughs at every single thing he does, which is painfully annoying and just rude.  Seriously?  You want your kid to act that way? 

Why am I so mad you might ask?  It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that my kid was nowhere near the ball when the moose decided to just shove her to the ground.  That wouldn't make you mad, would it?!?  Those of you who don't know me, imagine INTENSE SARCASM here, which is quickly becoming a trademark!  I got furious and quickly started running my mouth (again a big shocker for those of you who don't know me) and my husband is telling me to calm down that it's just a game.  Why isn't Daddy as upset?  He failed to see it all!  But you can rest assured that he was fired up once he knew the reason.  PLUS, it didn't help matters that several kids were on the ground by the ball (faces by the ball to be exact) and the moose just ran up and kicked it!  Yeah....I'm thinking this kid is a real winner! 

I'm assuming the coach probably knew just how fired up I was because she came over to Zoe, hugged her and told her she was so proud of her for hanging in there with those "rough boys."  I'm thinking if we have to play that team again, Mommy will be getting involved.  That kid needs to be talked to because at this age, soccer is supposed to be a lot of fun and you should learn some sportsmanship.  I don't think sportsmanship involves pushing down a dainty three year old when you're the size of a small adult already!  Just sayin'.........

1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Oh...heck to the NO!!! Nobody knocks down Princess Zoey on purpose and gets away with it! I say we bring the torches to the next game!