Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend 2010

Yes, I did say weekend!  I think it's the least we deserve for all we do....don't you?  Last Friday night Mark, Zoe and I went to eat at one of my favorite places, Famous Dave's!  I love Famous Dave's!  We had the best dinner and had a wonderful time as a family.  When we got home, Mark and Zoe went shopping and I stayed at home.  Of course, I got all of my gifts as soon as they got home because some little three year old can't keep a secret!  I got a new pair of PJs, which I desperately needed, two new books I've been wanting and a vase with three yellow roses.  I LOVE yellow roses....they are my favorite color of rose!  I think Zoe was more excited about the flowers than anything, but her reaction to all of it has been priceless. 

Saturday morning we had Zoe's soccer game and then we stayed home for the day.  Mommy wasn't feeling good AT ALL!  Mark actually did all of the grocery shopping for me so I wouldn't have to and then we watched a movie as a family on Saturday night and ate popcorn!  What else is there?!?  It probably helped that I fixed myself some homemade chicken noodle soup!  I don't care who you are, chicken noodle soup helps just about everything!

On Sunday morning we got up and went to church and then came home and spent the day together.  Mommy still wasn't feeling good (my cold had been going on for one week) so, needless to say, I needed the rest!  Mark grilled out for me with all the trimmings and it was awesome! 

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day and I don't know about you, but I'm so thankful for my family and that I get to celebrate Mother's Day every day of the year!  I'm so incredibly blessed!

0 comments: