Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Nana Is All "Growed Up"

It's no secret that I LOVE to hit consignment sales. I also LOVE to save all of Zoe's stuff and tag it later to consign. I'm lucky to have my buddy Shelley....and I'm just lucky that she is a member of POTATO and is nice enough to let me tag all of my stuff and consign with her. Technically, she isn't supposed to do this, but she does it anyway. And we have so much fun doing it! Let's face it, who couldn't use a little extra cash? Anyway, I went to Shelley's house last night to drop off my stuff for the Fall sale this weekend. As an added bonus? I got to go through all of her stuff from her twin girls. And I always find GREAT stuff. Why might you ask am I telling you all of this and what does it have to do with the title? I'm getting there!

As you know from my previous posts, my daughter LOVES to play dress up. I mean, I don't think there is anything she loves more. So, as I was going through all of Shelley's stuff, I came across an Ariel dress and a Snow White dress. Of course, I snagged both of those because I knew my daughter would be over the mooon when she saw them. I took them home last night and, of course, I was right. She immediately put on the Ariel dress (the one where Ariel gets married that actually has a veil to go with it) and we paid HELL getting her to take it off prior to going to bed. Zoe looked at me with a serious face and said, "Mommy, will Nana play dress up with me?" I said, I'm sure if you ask her she will the next time you see her." Zoe replied, "Yeah, because she's not growed up yet." I laughed until I cried! I said, "Zoe, Nana is all grown up...she's just short!" For those of you who don't know, my wonderful stepmother is 4' 11. Too funny, huh? Out of the mouths of babes.....

0 comments: