Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

_________ on the Potty

I didn't want to gross everyone out with the title, but Zoe has had her first poop on the potty! Yeah! I went to pick her up on Monday, December 15th, and when I got there she had just finished using the potty. Anyway, I heard her announce (rather loudly while still on the potty) that she had just pooped! It was hysterical, but it was a HUGE step for us because our child had boycotted the potty. She simply wasn't having any part of it. I would ask, "Do you want to go pee pee on the potty?" And Zoe would reply, "I don't like the potty." Everything you read about potty training tells you that you shouldn't force a child to sit on the potty and it has been very frustrating for us because I know she's smart enough to do it. When your child comes to you and says, "Hey, Mommy, I pee peed in my diaper. Will you change my diaper?" then I think they are definitely ready to starting potty training. One of my best buds, Julie, kept telling me that it would be just like a light switch and she would just start going and I simply didn't believe her. But, as usual, Julie was right! Yeah!

0 comments: