Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prayers for Zachary Reed Beachley

**UPDATE**

Nikki just called me and Zachary's shunt in fine! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it! Thank God for answered prayers. Vanderbilt did their own CT Scan and found that Zachary's shunt was working properly. Apparently, the CT Scan done back home in Kingsport was read wrong.....way wrong. PRAISE GOD!
My girlfriend, Nikki, sent an e-mail tonight asking for prayers for Zachary. As you can see from my previous post regarding Seth Peak, I believe in God and the power of prayer. So, please say some prayers for Zachary. Below is the e-mail I received from Nikki:

" I need to ask everyone to say prayers for Zachary. In an attempt to find out what has been wrong with him, we had a ct scan done today. Ends up, that was our answer. Zachary's shunt is no longer in his ventricle but actually migrated down into his brain tissue. He is also collecting fluid now on the outside of his brain which is putting pressure on the brain tissue that he has left. The pediatrician called and we are to check in at Vanderbilt tonight and page the neurosurgeon upon arrival. We are unsure as to whether or not surgery will be tomorrow or Thursday but they will do surgery to redo his shunt and possibly add another. We will not know for sure until we get there tonight. This is totally unexpected and we are in a mad dash trying to pack and gather our things to make this trip. I am not sure how long we'll be there or whats going to happen. Please pray for Zachary and pray that this is the answer to all of his problems. The ped says that this could very well be why his thyroid came back off all of a sudden in March. Could be why he has been anemic for so long, why he started having seizures again and why he's been having so many issues for several months on end. I am so nervous about leaving him in the PICU. Vandy actually makes you leave your child twice a day for shift change for 1.5 hours each time. I am so sick to my stomach over that. Pray for the neurosurgeon as he does his job to make Zachary better. Pray that Zachary comes through surgery okay and that when he wakes up, my happy smiling child is back. Pray that I don't lose my mind with worry. Also, pray for Cam, he is staying home alone with Christian while mom and I travel with Zachary. This is a first for him and he's pretty nervous!"

1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

They will definitely be in our prayers. And call me when you get in as I have some connections at the Vandy PICU.