Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Letting Scripture Speak to You

I constantly wonder why God allows bad things to happen to good people. I often say, "When I get to Heaven and meet my glorious maker, I will get to ask Him why so many good and wonderful people have bad things happen to them. I will get to ask Him why he took my Taylor Grace, etc. In my passion for knowledge and reading Blogs, I came across a scripture that spoke to me and I wanted to share it. The Blog directed me to the passage in John 9:1-3:

"As Jesus passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."

And, as many of you already know, Jesus went on to touch the man's blind eyes with mud, send him to bathe, and cause him to be completely healed!

In my life? I believe God (in His infinite wisdom) knew things we didn't know about our Taylor Grace that we would have been illprepared to handle. So, being the gracious God that He is, He took the burden from us and gave her "ultimate healing." He wanted our faith to be to trust Him to take care of her for us. And I also believe He had already planned to entrust Zoe to us and bless our lives so richly.

Now, how's that for an answer for inquiring minds? I know I feel immensely better.

0 comments: