Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tie-Dye & Stinky Fish Smell


While we were at the St. Louis Zoo, I had to buy Zoe a shirt and found the perfect one as we were leaving the Penguin House. I'm sure you can guess that Penguins tend to smell a little "fishy." Anyway, when we got back to Steve & Patty's house with the shirt it stunk like fish. It was AWFUL! I took the shirt and soaked it in laundry detergent in the bathroom sink for a day while we were still at Steve & Patty's house and it still stunk like fish. I then washed it twice while we were there and IT STILL STUNK! I had to wrap it in a plastic bag just to get home with the shirt and to make sure it didn't stink up all of our other clothes. Anyway, I did a little research and actually soaked the shirt in laundry detergent with baking soda. I also let is soak outside in direct sunlight. Apparently, the sun has a way of getting rid of strong odors. Guess what? It freakin' worked! So, remember that concoction the next time you have some really sinky clothing. It works like a charm! And after all of that Zoe finally got to wear her shirt to school with her Polliwalks. I just had to post a pic.

0 comments: