Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The St. Louis Zoo

For our family vacation this year, we decided to travel to Sullivan, Missouri, which is Mark's hometown, to stay with Aunt Patty & Uncle Steve for the week. We got there on Sunday, June 29th, and left on Saturday, July 5th. I can't begin to tell you how much fun we had while there. Since Sullivan is located about 60 miles outside St. Louis, we decided to take Zoe to the St. Louis Zoo. First, I HIGHLY recommend the St. Louis Zoo. It is phenominal and puts the Nashville Zoo to shame. There just isn't a comparison. And the great thing about the St. Louis Zoo is it is FREE. That's right.....FREAKIN' FREE FOR EVERYONE. My frugal friend Shelley will appreciate that greatly! And, if you get there when the zoo opens, which we did, you can park along the street for FREE! Even if you end up having to pay for parking, it is only $10.00 for the entire day, which is well worth the money. AND if you get there when the zoo opens, you can get in the children's petting zoo for FREE from 8:00 to 9:00. Cool, huh? I just know Shelley is salivating at all this talk of free! And let me tell you how huge the zoo actually is.....it took us four full hours just to get through it. They have a monkey house, penguin house, reptile house, children's petting zoo, big cat country (there's no way those cat's are getting out of there), bears, zebras, gorilla exhibit (sadly closed while we were there due to construction updates to the exhibit), etc. And the giraffes will literally bend their heads down so you can touch them. Plus, there's a train that goes around the entire zoo. I could go on and on, but you should visit the website and check it out for yourself here. Also, St. Louis has a ton of stuff to do for your family and A LOT of it is FREE. Check it out here. Okay, I really must stop all of this talk about free because I'm sure Shelley just can't take much more of it! Love ya, Shelley:0)

I took so many pictures; however, here are a few of my favorite pics from our day. I was having a little fun with my camera, too. Enjoy!

Daddy & Zoe
This is "Classic Lawrence Family Household"


Such a Beautiful Creature!


A Puffer Penguin




This Little Guy Literally Posed for Me!



Grizzly Sleeping in the Water!




No,Your Eyes Don't Deceive You! This Guy Decided to Lay in Front of Me and Scratch His Butt!



The St. Louis Zoo's Newest Addition!




Can You Say Huge?!?






Camels Hanging Out.




Wow! These Zebras are too Cool!




Zebras





Asian Elephants




Mommy & Zoe Petting Baby Goats




This Jeep is Cool! Can I Have It?



1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Can't. Take. All. The. "Free". Talk. (drool, drool)

AUGH!!!!!!!!

Looks like you guys had a ball. Great pics.