Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Hunger Games

To say that I'm addicted to this series would be a huge understatement.  First, I heard about the series from my buddy, Shannon Ivie, and it just didn't appeal to me.  I kept thinking that it didn't sound like anything that I would want to read.  Shannon kept on me because she knows me well and knew I would like the books.  She loaned the books to me on my Kindle and I had all three read in less than two weeks.  Of course, she was right and then I in turn passed the love on to my bestie Shelley and so on and so forth.  You get the idea.  Anyway, there were 9 of us total who got together to see the midnight showing when it was released on March 23, 2012.  We had drinks and appetizers at The Margarita House and then we went over to get our seats for the theater.  We were the first theater to be seated and although we had to wait for almost two hours before the movie started, none of us knew it because we had awesome seats and awesome company.  We talked and laughed and Shelley and I even decided to try to play matchmaker while we were there!  Ha!  You just never know what we'll come up with when we get together.  I'm thinking Shannon is going to organize all of us for the last installment of the Twilight series, aren't you?  Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink!  Shannon, we appreciate you and your hard work in always arranging fun outings for all of us!














0 comments: