Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Read Between the Wines - My First Book Club

My girlfriends and I got together and decided we wanted to start a book club.  It's small, which I love because if you get too many then it's hard to really participate and have a meaningful conversation.  Plus, we have just the right mix of personalities and everyone gets along really well.  We're all close friends, but we're also Mommies who need to blow off a little steam every once in a while.  We met this past Thursday night to discuss our first book, The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.  Now, I'm a sucker for anything written by this man so I was really looking forward to reading this book.  It's not going to win a Pulitzer Prize, but that's not the point.  We're reading books that WE want to read and ones that WE enjoy.  I was the first one to host and decided that I would host it at Margarita House (a Mexican restaurant) here in Mt. Juliet.  I didn't want to keep Zoe up past her bedtime, plus it's my time to get out with my buds and enjoy myself.  How do you like the catchy name of our club?  Yes, we enjoy drinking some wine, but this time it called for Sangria!  Ha!  Plus, Kim's birthday is this Sunday so we had a little celebration for her.  Check it out:



Michelle & Bethany


The birthday girl - Kim


Kim, Michelle & Bethany


Happy Birthday Kim!

Not pictured were Shelley Riggs, Shannon Ivie, Anissa Spry and Me.
There were pictures of me, but they were TERRIBLE and since this
is my Blog, I get to choose which pics are shown!  Ha!

1 comments:

The Ivie League said...

And now our Book Club is really official because we have t-shirts!