Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Sign Your Child Notices Aging

Papa's birthday was on May 7th and, naturally, Zoe called to talk to her Papa and wish him a happy birthday.  I was so proud of her too because it's tough to keep her on the phone for more than 30 seconds (she's busy and has things to do you know), but she stayed on there and talked with him and sang happy birthday to him.  We were actually in the car heading to get our hair done and this was the conversation I heard:

Zoe:

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, 
Happy Birthday Dear Papa, Happy Birthday to you!"

Papa:

Inaudible since I can't hear it!

Zoe:

"I'm not old, Papa!  I still have brown hair!"

I totally lost it by this point because that was hysterical!  I told Papa that he needed to write that one down because I was sure he hadn't ever been told something like that before....especially on his birthday!  Where does she come up with this stuff?!?  It's a good thing that Papa has such a great sense of humor!  We love you, Papa!

0 comments: