Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day

Me & My Zoe Girl Before Church


I have to say that apart from the first Mother's Day that I got to actually celebrate because I had become a mother, this Mother's Day was the best I have ever had.  My husband and my daughter absolutely spoiled me!  I woke up on Saturday morning to coffee brewing and my husband cleaning my entire house for me while I saw on my butt drinking it.  Now, that's not unusual (the cleaning part) because my husband cleans all the time and, yes, I'm a lucky woman.  Zoe and I left for a hair appointment and when Zoe had finished getting her trim, Daddy came to get her and they went shopping.  I came home to beautiful flowers and wonderful cookies from the Publix Bakery.  (Note to all....Publix has the best bakery of any grocery store chain.)  I went and soaked in a hot bath (something I absolutely love to do with a good book) and then Zoe & Mark took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant to eat, which is El Rey Azteca.  The next morning when I woke up, I had several gifts awaiting me, which included cards, the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel, my favorite candy (Sour Patch Kids) and Zoe had made me a keychain at school that I absolutely LOVE.  The best gift?  I wanted a necklace from the Vintage Pearl.  That necklace is absolutely precious and I will cherish it forever.  Check out my loot:


My beautiful roses!


Check out the loot!


Can you believe this card?  I teared up...


My favorite series!


My Sour Patch Kids to go with my movie tickets!


This is the wrapping for my gift from Zoe!


My keychain from Zoe!


Check out the cookies!  Yum!


My beautiful necklace with the initials of my two girls!


A better shot of my keychain!


After church, I actually got to go see the movie that I have been waiting to see, which is Something Borrowed.  And I got to go see it with this girl:


My Shelley girl....the best girlfriend I could ever ask for!  And just so you won't wonder, she actually wore that pin, which was a gift from her girls!  Funny, huh?

After the movie I got home and Mark had fixed me dinner, which is my favorite dinner that Mark makes for me....meatloaf with fried potatoes and onions!  Yum!  That may not appeal to some of you, but my husband makes the best meatloaf I've ever put in my mouth!  I'd say that I had a pretty great Mother's Day, wouldn't you?  I just thank God for my blessings every day!  Thank you Mark and Zoe for making me feel so special!  I love you both so much and you're my life!




0 comments: