Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, McKendree!

Every year to celebrate McKendree, the director puts together a parade and cookie party for the school!  It's so much fun and I'm glad she does it, especially for the kids!  Some Metro police officers on motorcycle actually come and block off the intersections so we can march around two blocks, which I think is so nice!  I'm sure they have other things they would rather be doing, but they interact wonderfully with the kids, answer their questions, etc.  Zoe's class made signs for the parade and I walked over from work to go with her.  Needless to say, she was very excited.  This year, McKendree had t-shirts made as a fundraiser for the school and, of course, I bought Zoe one.  What's really cool?  The design on the t-shirts was drawn by Bridget Byrd in Zoe's class.  Neat, huh?  This parade was bitter sweet for me because this will be our last one at McKendree.  I can't believe!


Zoe and her beautiful sign!


Meredith, Zoe & Jack


The back of Zoe's shirt, which you can't hardly see!


Mr. Dane!


Zoe & Dane ready for the parade!


Zoe & Meredith comparing signs!


Zoe & Dane marching downtown!


Ryan, Dane & Zoe


Zoe, Lydia & Meredith


My sweet, beautiful girl!


Zoe & Ms. Tracie (Meredith's Mommy)

0 comments: