Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

So, I realize I'm a little behind on blogging.  It's a good thing I keep a running list of topics, huh?  Anyway, Valentine's Day was a pretty special day around the Lawrence household.  You see, my husband is turning 40 on June 11th of this year.  I wanted to do something big for his birthday and decided I would send him on a turkey hunt in Texas in April.  I realize it's before his actual birthday, but you can't change the hunting seasons can you?  And turkey hunting happens in the Spring so I just had to go with it.  After months of hiding it and keeping my big mouth shut (yes....surprises are hard for me to keep hidden), I decided to give him his suprise on Valetine's Day.  I knew I would need to give it to him early because my husband is a planner.  I mean a big planner. 

I called Publix Bakery and asked them to make sugar cookies with one of the words from the following phrase "You are going on a turkey hunt for your 40th birthday!"  Pretty clever, huh?  In order to get his surprise, he had to unscramble the cookies.  My husband looks down and without even moving them around says, "I'm going on a turkey hunt for my 40th birthday?"  It was pretty comical.  He was in complete and total shock.  Check it out:



I think I earned the award for wife of the year....don't you?  I also think next time I'll throw some extra words in there to throw him off a little.  It was just a tad too easy for him to figure out!

0 comments: