Pages

Thursday, July 01, 2010

How Did God Put the Baby.....

Zoe has been in swim lessons for a while now and she made friends with a little girl named Kate in her group.  Kate has a little sister (I don't believe she's a year old yet) that her mother brings with her every time and sits over by me in the bleachers.  Anyway, after the lesson we saw them leaving when Zoe asks while pointing at Kate's mother, "Mommy, did God put a baby in her Mommy's belly?"  As a back story, we've told Zoe that God puts a baby in a Mommy's belly, etc.  I said, "Yes he did."  Zoe said, "But how did God get the baby in her belly?"  I'm seriously wondering by this point how I'm having this conversation with my now four year old.  I said, "God can do anything and make anything happen.  He just says it and it happens."  Zoe said, "Yeah, but Mommy HOW did he get the baby in there?"  I'm pretty much giggling by this point thinking about how I just might have to have a conversation with Zoe about the birds and the bees because she's just too smart.  However, I quickly directed her attention to her new Watermelon flavored sucker she got following swim lessons and she didn't think to ask me again.  Whew!  Until next time.....

0 comments: