Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy First Birthday Zoe!

I simply can't believe it. My little Zoe has turned one. Where did the time go? I can remember one year ago today as if it were yesterday. I can remember what I was wearing that day. I can remember riding in the car on my way to my checkup with Dr. Piper. I can remember being at the intersection of Lebanon Road and Briley Parkway at approximately 7:45 a.m. and reading the Mt. Juliet Chronicle while Mark was driving. I remember looking at the clock and saying to Mark, "Well, I guess Dr. Piper is delivering Tracy about right now." Tracy was a girl I used to work with when I first moved to Nashville and I knew from talking to her at Dr. Piper's office that she was going to be delivered that morning via C-Section. I can remember being scared out of my mind when Zoe wouldn't take the practice breaths they wanted to see on ultrasound and Dr. Piper saying to me, "Courtney, May 25th is a great day for a birthday. I'm not taking any chances with this baby." That day was the greatest in my life. All I can say is you can never know unconditional love until you have a child. We feel so incredibly blessed each day to have her.
Anyway, I took the day off to spend it with Zoe and when Daddy got home from work we celebrated her birthday. I've attached pics of our celebration. Of course, we're having the "big" birthday party with friends and family at the Nashville Zoo next Saturday, but there was no way I was going to let Zoe's birthday pass without having one heck of a celebration at home. I hope you enjoy the pics!

Which one do I play with first?

This is cool! I can ride this AND change the channels with my new Elmo remote control!

I can't decide what to rip open next!


I love this!


However, I'm not too sure about this cake!



What is this stuff?


Happy Birthday to Me!


Isn't this the cutest birthday cake ever? It's a shaggy dog!

I'm so over this!


You've got to be kidding me! I'm not going to keep wearing this!


I'm too cute in my birthday goucho pants!

1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Lovin' the gauchos! Lovin' the cake! Too cute. Happy Birthday Zoe!