Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Zoe's Dizzy Lizzie Lou

We bit the bullet and caved.  On what you might ask?  We surprised Zoe with a dog as an early Christmas present!  Lizzie was born on August 3, 2012 and we picked her up from a breeder in Fairview, Tennessee on September 8, 2012.  I researched breeds and compiled a list of dogs that would be hypoallergenic (remember Zoe's asthma and allergies) and ones that would have relatively few health problems.  I loved my Prince Charming, but I couldn't take another dog that might end up like him.  So, I compiled the list and let Daddy choose the breed.  Lizzie is a West Highland White Terrier and she is an absolute doll.  Well, other than the barking, the chewing, the constant need to go outside to do her "business," attacking our feet when we walk through the house, etc.  You get the picture.  Mark and I have a name for Lizzie in our house, but I won't put it out here on this Blog because my parents read it;)  Don't get me wrong, we love her and she is very much a part of our family, but she is definitely a handful during this puppy stage.  I had forgotten how much work a puppy could be to take care of and let's just say that I'm ready for the puppy stage to be over!  Ha!  I think you will agree that she is pretty stinking cute......







0 comments: