Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kindergarten Registration

On Thursday, April 7, 2011, I can't believe I had to actually register my child for Kindergarten!  Where has the time gone?!?  I can remember her birth like it was yesterday and now here we are almost five years later!  Daddy was out of town for his surprise turkey hunt for his 40th birthday so it was just me and Zoe.  We were third in line to register and I didn't realize that they were going to perform some testing on Zoe.  Mrs. Robinson, the Assistant Principal, took Zoe back and she was quizzed on many things such as letters, numbers, shape recognition, recognition of body parts, her full name, address, date of birth, etc.  She was also tested on her gross motor skills such as jumping up and down on one foot five times and then the other, walking heel to toe, etc.  She was gone a little while and I was getting a little nervous when they finally came back.  Mrs. Robinson said, "Zoe passed with flying colors, she interacted with me extremely well and she is definitely ready for Kindergarten!"  WOW!  When we got outside I asked Zoe if she had missed anything and she said, "No!"  And she said it with the tone like "I can't believe you would even ask such a thing."  It was hysterical!  Here's a pic of my girl after she was done with her testing......


She is such a big girl!  Mommy & Daddy are so proud of you, Zoe!

0 comments: