Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh the Things They Say.....

Zoe is definitely getting to an age where things are just fun.  She's a lot of fun and let me just add that she says things that absolutely BLOW MY MIND.  She doesn't forget anything and I'm thinking that I should start carrying my video camera with me everywhere I go because I'm literally beginning to think that she says things just to embarrass me.  Anyway, this past Saturday morning we were in TJ Maxx Home Goods.  It's become my new favorite store.  We decided Zoe was ready for a new bedroom suite (pictures to come soon) and I needed a few things to put up on the walls.  Of course, I couldn't stop while I was ahead because I found a lamp for my master bedroom and I found a HUGE mirror to hang in my dining room.  Everything is now in my shopping cart (including Zoe with a sippy cup of juice) and I'm having to walk and balance this new huge mirror on my boot while pushing the cart.  I'm trying to make my way to the front of the store to checkout when my little girl looks at me and says (pushing her sippy cup toward me), "Here Mommy!"  I literally don't have a hand to grab it.  I say, "Zoe, you're going to have to learn some patience.  Mommy's hands are full and I can't get that cup from you right now.  You're just going to have to hold it."  She looks at me and a few steps later (I'm still loaded down) she says, "Whew...my hands sure are full!"  I literally laughed until I almost cried.  What?!?  You're hands are full?!?  Then, we don't even make it a few more steps when Zoe looks into an aisle and says (in the loudest voice possible), "Mommy, why is that boy wearing a skirt?"  Needless to say, I starting hobbling as fast as possible at this point.  The "boy" she was referring to was an older African American woman who had a shaved head.  I must add that she was a very attractive woman, but due to her shaved head, my three year old thought she was a boy.  I think I was mortified.  Of course, when I tell Mark he thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever heard.  Out of the mouths of babes......

0 comments: