Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

Zoe's Two Year Appointment

Today was my baby's two year appointment with her pediatrician, Dr. Nancy Beveridge. I know I've said this before, but I LOVE my pediatrician. She's so awesome and really takes the time to talk with you and get to know everything about you. And she LOVES Zoe. When we were walking to our room today she was in the hall finishing with another patient and immediately hollered, "Hi Miss Zoe! I'm so happy to see you today!" That's a great feeling.

Anyway, Zoe is such a big girl. She is measuring 36 1/4 inches tall (HOLY COW!), 31 pounds and her head circumference is 49 1/2. She is in the 95th percentile for height and weight and 90th percentile in head circumference. And for the record, she weighed 28.6 pounds at her 18 month checkup and was 28.6 inches tall! Needless to say, I've got one tall little girl. And she is definitely a little girl now. She doesn't look like a "baby" anymore and it's kind of sad to me. But I must say I'm loving this stage. She amazes me on a daily basis.

Poor Zoe did get one shot for Hepatitis A; however, she won't have any other shots until she's five. Also, we took peanut butter today and she had her first taste of it. That seems to be the biggest allergy that most children have (that and strawberries) so Dr. Beveridge suggested I bring in the peanut butter for her two year checkup. And those of you who know me know that I will do whatever she tells me to do because I value her opinion. I had bought a little jar to take with me and Dr. Beveridge gave Zoe a tongue depressor for her to scoop it out. I'm proud to report that Zoe loves peanut butter (her exact words were "that's yummy, Mommy") and doesn't appear to have any allergies to peanuts! AWESOME! I'm so thankful for that. Yes, I'm a worry wart, but I just can't seem to help myself. So, all in all it was a great checkup! Yeah! Thank God!!!!!

0 comments: