Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

That's Mine.....

Yup. It's official. Zoe's has said the ultimate phrase......That's Mine! Sunday night, Mark and I were playing with Zoe when she took her stuffed animal (a little monkey I bought her at the Zoo) from her Daddy and said, "that's mine." She didn't snatch the toy from her Daddy or take it hatefully, etc., she simply said the ultimate phrase. Mark looked at me and said, "did she just say what I think she said?" I was like, "yup." So, the next morning I took Zoe to school and was telling her teacher about it and she said that they actually teach them to say it there. She said they want them to use their words to identify things rather than kicking, biting, screaming, scratching, fighting, etc., over toys and other possessions. I think it's pretty clever, but it's still hysterical. I know I bragged in my last post about McKendree, but the place is amazing. Zoe is actually doing sign language, too. They teach the signs for more, thank you, please and help to all infants in the nursey. Zoe has had to pick them up while in the Young Toddlers class, but she is doing it. She does them with us and it's so great. I love that my child is learning to communicate rather than screaming and crying. Anyway, just wanted to share and gush a little.

0 comments: