Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Smart (In Two Different Ways)

So, I'm trying to do better with writing down those little things that Zoe says that are so funny.  The thing is....my child is constantly saying something that's funny and I'm having a hard time keeping up!  Yesterday morning while we were all getting ready for work and school, Mark proceeded to say something that started with "Everybody."  Now, you can tell how much attention I actually pay to my husband because the rest sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher.  But, I did manage to hear Zoe's response, which was, "Daddy, I'm not everybody, I'm just one!"  I'll be the first to admit that it was a little sassy, but I couldn't help thinking how smart she is to come up with that all on her own at the tender age of three!  I had to lean behind Mark because I was beginning to laugh.  I whispered to him that he had to agree that it was unbelievably smart and he said, "I know...I'm going to be in trouble."  I said, "Zoe, don't you think that was a little sassy?"  She said, "Alright.  Sorry!"  Out of the mouths of babes!

0 comments: