Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Can You Say Slacker Blogger?

That's me! Hi! My name is Courtney and I'm a slacker blogger! I can't believe I haven't posted about our little Zoe before now, but things have been rather hectic in the Lawrence house. First, Zoe has been sick. She woke up around 1:30 a.m. on September 10th and was running a fever. It never got really high (100.4), but I still don't like it when she runs one. Yes, I realize that it's the body's response to fighting infection, blah blah blah, but I still don't like it at all! They make me nervous! Anyway, I got her back to bed and when she woke up around 6:00 a.m., she had developed a cough. That is NEVER a good sign for our Zoe as she tends to progress rather quickly with these things. So, I took her to the pediatrician on the 10th and they said her ears were good and that she was not wheezing in any way. However, by the weekend Zoe was REALLY congested and sounded like a 60 year old man that had smoked for more than 40 years. I took her back to the pediatrician on the 15th and she still had not developed a wheeze, which is awesome. Dr. Beveridge felt like Zoe had built up a tolerance to her Zyrtec and she switched her to Allegra. We've been trying that out and it seems to be drying up her cough, etc. Praise God! Now, Mommy has gotten sick with whatever Zoe had and feels a little under the weather (I say "little" using my most sarcastic voice). I now have the horrid cough, but I've been drinking Robitussin DM and it seems to be breaking up everything! Again....Praise God!


Zoe and I have been taking a class at the Nashville Zoo called "Zoo Twos" and it is awesome! We love it! The class is every Saturday from 10:30 to 11:30 and we do art, have story time, snack time and meet some animals each week. The first week we met a screech owl and a bearded dragon. Zoe loved both and actually got to touch the bearded dragon. Last week she got to touch a possum and saw a toad. She thought both were rather cool! I love it that Zoe and I are getting to do this class together. Deer hunting is getting ready to come in full swing (bow season) on September 27th and Zoe and I needed something to do rather than staying in the house all weekend! We let Daddy crash our class last weekend, but we'll be going to all the next ones by ourselves. We will miss Daddy terribly (he's a blast), but it's good for Zoe and Mommy to have something to do together! I will most pictures once I download them off my camera!


I guess I can relinquish the title of "Slacker Blogger" now and pass it along to one of my best buds, Shelley! Poor Shelley has started back to work since the twins have started kindergarten. Plus, her husband has been working on this huge project and been putting in a lot of overtime hours. She's exhausted and I'm sure the last thing she wants to do is Blog, but I miss her humor! Please, please, please pass the title along to someone else, Shelley!

1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

I'm workin' on it!!!! I hope to get in a few hours tonight of updates (yes - I have that many things to post about) as C is out of town and I'm puttin' the girlies to bed early!