Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

I Wish I Had This Body....

My bud, Shelley, is currently training for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. I have to admit that she has inspired me to REALLY start exercising. I had been walking, but have started running because I keep thinking, "She is so busy....she's a mom with TWINS and she finds the time to make herself run....there is no excuse I can come up with to NOT run." Well, other than the fact that I hate to run. I've never been a runner. Now, my husband on the other hand used to run cross country and was in the Army so he is quite the runner. He won't run for a while, will jump on the treadmill and before you know it he's run about three miles! IT MAKES ME SO JEALOUS! But, I seriously wanted to get in shape this year for my health. My inspiration for that? My beautiful daughter, Zoe, God has blessed us with. I look at her and know that if I want to be around for years then I need to do something to help that. Sitting on the counch watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs won't do it. I can walk/run and watch it! Yeah! Anyway, since Shelley is the mother of Twins and is the current president of POTATO (again....where does she find the time), she has a sponsor and is training with some of the other mommies from POTATO. So, I really HAVE NO EXCUSE not to exercise. With Shelley being the gifted writer that she is (remember the Zoe Appleseed story?), she has created a Blog for the "Mommy runners" on her team and I admit I almost peed in my pants when I saw what she had done. She posted pics of the girls in the group, but I don't think it's their bodies. You be the judge...



Shelley, I'm so proud of you! You go girl!

1 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

I have NO idea what you are talking about! That is absolutely my body! Ok - maybe my body in my dreams (or in my husband's dreams - ha).

And I could run ALL day if I could watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes. Throw in Angel and I'm ready for a marathon!

Thanks for the kind words.