Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Zoe's First Bite


Well, it's happened. Zoe was bitten for the first time at day care last Thursday. I thought to myself, "Okay, I know these things happen." But, nothing prepares you for how mad you get when you actually see the bite. I was able to prod it out of the teacher which child was responsible (they aren't supposed to tell you for whatever reason) and it ended up being one of her little buds she plays with quite a bit! The next day, I asked Zoe's teacher if the child had bitten before and she told me that he had. I then asked how many times and get this.....IT HAS HAPPENED SO MANY TIMES THAT SHE COULDN'T EVEN TELL ME! Now that REALLY made me mad. I asked what the day care would do if he continued to bite and she told me, "Nothing because it's up to the parents to do something about it." Do I need to state the obvious here? Obviously, his parents aren't doing too much about it if he has bitten so many times she couldn't give me a number! Can you say CRAZY?!? I think when a child continuously bites and you lose count as to how many times it has happened, they should be kicked out. Sorry, but that's an awful behavior that needs definite attention and to kick their child out would be a definite attention getter. All I know is if he bites Zoe again, it won't be pretty. And by the way, she wasn't doing a thing to him to provoke the bite....he just walked over and bit her!!!!! I've attached a pic her Daddy took, although this doesn't really do it justice since it was taken the day after. I am thankful that it didn't break the skin.

1 comments:

Kami said...

Poor baby. The school should have a policy on how many incidents the biter is "allowed."

If the teacher can't remember how many times this has happened, that's a bad sign. Just sayin'.